Embarking on TOA’s New Chapter: A Farewell Note and Exciting Transitions Ahead
A note from Ellen Buchman, The Opportunity Agenda
After almost four awe-inspiring years, I’ve decided that the time is right for me to transition out of my role as president of The Opportunity Agenda. As we faced some of the nation’s most challenging eras, it’s been an incredible privilege to serve in this position of leadership.
When I reflect on these last few years, I can’t help but be beyond proud of what we’ve accomplished during my time here. Some of our most significant strides include:
- Taking the critical step of attaining TOA’s charitable status and independence as an organization, and no longer being a project of the Tides Center after 17 years;
- Expanding our budget, and building out and nurturing our team of diverse and talented professionals;
- Piloting the TOA cultural transformation plan;
- Welcoming three new women to our board of directors;
- Imagining, creating, and launching a new, beautiful and bold brand and website;
- Developing a powerful strategic plan aimed at overcoming white supremacy and achieving opportunity for everyone with innovative and creative approaches to narrative and cultural strategies;
- Launching the Narrative Innovators Lab, TOA’s new home for our narrative and cultural strategies fellowship; and
- Initiating a pilot narrative project to push for – and protect – a genuinely inclusive democracy.
These are just a few of the greatest milestones we’ve achieved, enabling us to connect and partner with numerous social justice leaders and organizations – even while in lockdown!
This is just the beginning of our organization’s new chapter. I’m thrilled to share that Adam Luna, our Vice President for Program Strategy and Impact, will assume the role of Acting President beginning July 7th. Adam’s capable and visionary leadership will undoubtedly keep propelling the organization forward.
On behalf of Team TOA, I thank you for your steadfast support. None of these achievements would have been possible without you.
p.s. I encourage you to continue supporting Team TOA through the newly created Narrative Leadership Fund, which helps us stretch and make space for leaders at every level.