Our webinars provide practical communications guidance for social justice leaders looking to more effectively advocate and advance their issues. Our expert panelists share how they apply values-based messaging into their organizational messaging and tell an affirmative story about the communities they serve and represent.
Telling a Proactive Story: Messaging on Economic Opportunity In Challenging Times
As advocates, we’re faced every day with misleading, inaccurate, and untruthful political and media statements about people living in poverty. With midterm elections in less than a month, the “economy” is constantly in the headlines. The best way to counter false information is to tell our own affirmative story in a way that overcomes the other side’s falsehoods. By contrast, we should avoid myth busting, or restating the false argument and then explaining why it’s wrong.
Join our webinar to learn how to counter inaccurate information by telling a new story about the American economy that offers real-world solutions for families facing insecurity. Guest speaker Elaine Mejia of The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities will share how she helps state partners craft compelling messages that avoid jargon, address racial justice, and provide effective solutions for specific audiences. The webinar will end with an open Q&A to address your individual questions and messaging obstacles.
- Future Over Fear: Pop Culture Strategies at Your Fingertips
- Future Over Fear: Affirmative Storytelling in a New Era
- Future Over Fear: Redefining Sanctuary
- The Road Ahead for Social Justice: Lessons for Success in the Age of Trump
- The Road Ahead for Social Justice: Social Media for Social Good
- The Road Ahead for Social Justice: Immigration in Pop Culture
- The Road Ahead for Social Justice: Embracing our Shared Future
- The Road Ahead for Social Justice: Ending Broken Windows Policing
- The Road Ahead for Social Justice: Uplifting Border Voices
- A Window of Opportunity II: An Analysis of Public Opinion on Poverty
- Transforming the System: Criminal Justice Policy Solutions and Public Opinion
- Ten Lessons for Talking About Race
- Leading With Values: Social Justice Messaging Tips
- Countering Misinformation While Avoiding the Pitfalls of Myth Busting