Culture & Narrative Fellowship
The Opportunity Agenda’s Culture & Narrative Fellowship was founded on the belief that artists and cultural strategists can play an active role in narrative and culture change. Housed within the Narrative Innovators Lab, fellows have the opportunity to ideate and collaborate with participants from our Communications Institute. Fellows also receive a $15,000 award and strategic support for their proposed art or cultural interventions during a six-month period.
Using the latest in narrative research and communication tools, this year’s Fellows will have an opportunity to explore and challenge white supremacist narratives alongside advocates and thought leaders.
The Culture & Narrative Fellowship: At A Glance
- A $15,000 award to support a new or existing project
- Two in-person events:
- A week-long in-person experiential training in New York City with other artists, leading advocates, and communicators (late March 2023)
- TOA’s week-long Creative Change Retreat (late August 2023)
- Online community-led learning sessions
- A social practice component: fellows will pursue 1-3 creative audience engagement strategies to connect with their target audiences
- Virtual bi-weekly office hours with TOA staff, including a virtual closing session